• The Buddy Walk® has grown from 17 walks in 1995 to more than 300 expected in 2010 across the country and around the world.
  • At least 250,000 people are expected to participate in more than 280 Buddy Walks this year.
  • Since 1995, more than 2,000,000 people have participated in the Buddy Walk® program.
  • Last year alone, the Buddy Walk® raised more than $9.5 million to benefit national education, research and advocacy initiatives, as well as local programs and services.
  • The Buddy Walk® program is supported at the national level by the National Down Syndrome Society. Local Buddy Walk® events are organized by NDSS Affiliates, parent support groups, schools, and other interested organizations and individuals.
  • Most Buddy Walks take place from September through November, to recognize Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October.
  • John C. McGinley, who plays Dr. Perry Cox in the hit NBC show Scrubs, is the 2009 National Buddy Walk® Spokesman. Mr. McGinley is both an accomplished actor and the proud father of Max, his seven-year-old son who has Down syndrome.
  • Anyone who wants to support acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome can participate in the Buddy Walk®.

The Buddy Walk® (www.buddywalk.org) was established by the National Down Syndrome Society in 1995 to help celebrate Down syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. In 2010 YES Kids brought the first Buddy Walk to Billings. The Walk is the primary source of donated funds that are used to help local families.

The 2014 Billings Buddy Walk will be at Zoo Montana on Saturday October 4th. Registration begins at 10AM and the WALK starts at 11AM. There will be food and fun activities for the kids and adults. Our goal is to walk one mile together to raise awareness and meet others who's lives have been changed by someone "Xtra Special".

The cost to register is $12 per person and includes a Buddy Walk T-shirt. There is no cost for "Xtra Special" individuals to register and they will receive a free T-shirt. Please register by September 1st in order to get your customized t-shirt ordered. Registrations received after September 10th may not receive a T-shirt.

PLEASE JOIN US AS A WALKER OR SPONSOR!

***
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM HERE***
***DOWNLOAD SPONSOR FORM HERE***


If you would like to register for this years Buddy Walk please click on the link above. Forms will also be available by request from info@yeskids-mt.com, or by calling (406) 256-0469.


You can register as an INDIVIDUAL or TEAM. You can also raise funds individually or as team to support the Buddy Walk and YESKIDS. 93% of the funds received will go to support families locally through YESKIDS. The other 7% will go to the National Buddy Walk Program and the National Down Syndrome Society.


We are looking for help with a variety of things related to the Buddy Walk, if you are able to volunteer some of your time and energy, please email christina0469@msn.com. Thank you for your time and consideration as we look forwad to participating in the Billings Buddy Walk. We understand that not everyone that we are reaching out to will be able to make it to the Walk or raise support.

Buddy Walk Facts

Billings Buddy Walk